Abundant, affordable energy is key to a healthy, dynamic economy. The nation is blessed with both bountiful resources and innovative technologies that have allowed people to become more energy independent than ever. However, more can be done to support an all-of-the-above energy strategy and ultimately secure energy independence.
Mia has worked hard in Congress to advance legislation that fosters innovation, creates jobs, and allows for leadership in energy development of every kind. So far, she has:
• Opposed burdensome regulations that stifle growth, discourage innovation, and attempt to dictate what sources of energy are preferred by federal bureaucrats
• Supported the Nuclear Energy Innovation Capabilities Act in order to increase private investment and public-private partnerships which will ultimately lead to safer and cheaper access to improved nuclear technology
• Cosponsored the Public Land Renewable Energy Development Act, which promotes renewable energy development on public lands and ensures that local communities benefit from such development
• Cosponsored the Master Limited Partnerships Parity Act, which would provide investors in renewable energy projects the same access to corporate structures and tax advantages that are now afforded to fossil fuel development projects
• Supported construction of the Keystone XL pipeline
• Supported efforts to lift a 40 year old ban on oil exports, helping the nation to become a net energy exporter in the coming years
Mia is so proud of the work that she has done so far, and pledges to continue to support and promote solutions that will secure a bright and sustainable energy future in coming years.